Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Chinese

This Friday my roommate "A" & I will be hosts for a mission project. Our church has invited around 300 Chinese students & teachers to stay in different host homes which are families & leaders at the church.. Guess who will be hosting four Chinese teachers on thier visit to Houston? ME! & my roommate "A". They will be staying for 4 weeks learning about our culture, soaking up their surroundings & hopefully getting to know God... oh by the way did I mention that most all of the Chinese coming to visit are hardcore ATHEISTS?! They have probably read more books about atheisms than there are books in the Bible & the thought of their being a God is laughable to them.... Lord give me strength & patients. Today we had our official meeting with leaders of the church about what to expect & the cultural hiccups to avoid once the Chinese get here. Pretty much my brain was jam packed with a ton of information! The whole time I prayed "Lord, what am I doing? This is crazy? Are you sure?... Me? Lord get me through this. I have so much on my plate. This is really something you wanted me to do?? .. Me? Lord I love you please get me through this..." I am excited & nervous... seem to be feeling that way a lot these days. That's how I know God is stretching me & molding me. This will definitely be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment